Cyber conference organized by Institute of Communication Studies and Journalism, Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University, Prague
„Transformation of Newsrooms with the Advent of Artificial Intelligence Journalism”
Cyber conference: May 13, 2021
Call for papers deadline extended: April 30, 2021
Artificial Intelligence (AI) has entered newsrooms around the globe during the last decade. The era of sophisticated algorithms, machine learning tools, and full automation from early simple solutions began. AI tools play an important role on many levels of the process of making and distributing news. AI assists journalists in their work, whether it is the fully automated production of news stories or the partial use of machine learning. The integration of AI-based tools into the journalism process also places huge demands for journalists, technical staff and lead editors. Will robotic reporters replace human journalists? What can be automated in the media? What are the implications of the ongoing trend to the automation process in the media? The conference “Transformation of Newsrooms with the Advent of Artificial Intelligence Journalism” is interested in sharing best practice, presenting case studies, good and not so good solutions, advantages and dangers and risks connected with AI in everyday journalism practice. We encourage researchers and academics and media professionals, journalists, editors, IT, to share their experiences, the issues that these technologies are bringing to the media. We call for proposals addressing, but not limited, to following themes:
Theme 1: AI in the Newsroom
- case studies, practical applications, etc
- work of journalist and AI
- newsroom changes with the IA technologies
Theme 2: The interdisciplinarity of AI journalism
- journalists or coders
- news content and algorithms
- social and computer sciences
Theme 3: Tools, Research Methods, etc.
- AI journalism research methods
- AI journalism tools, solutions
- practical problems, budgets, etc.
- Deadline for submissions: April 15, 2021
- Notification of acceptance: by April 30, 2021
- Date of conference: May 13, 2021
CYBER CONFERENCE FEES
- The fee will not be charged for this Cyber Conference
- The abstract should be written in English, with a clear outline of the arguments, and between 300 and 500 words long.
- Presentations should be no longer than 12 minutes.
- The conference will be organized via the Zoom platform of the Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University in Prague. The conference will be streamed online and recorded for further access.